Créditos: Fabien Moliné on Unsplash
Luxury excursions to Machu Picchu: another way to enjoy Peru
When traveling, as with everything in this life, there are a thousand options to choose from and that’s why we tell you about the luxury Machu Picchu hiking tours, another way to enjoy and discover this wonder of the world located in Peru.
Make the most of your time when you visit this iconic Incan archaelogical site of South America. Whether you go alone or with your partner. Even with friends or the whole family, there is always an ideal plan for you.
You might get more than a brief History of Incas civilization
Every year, millions of people visit the majestic and mysterious Incan Lost City of Machu Picchu in Peru.
If you want to know better this magical place, you could rely on experts. For example, you can book a guided tour at an Inca trail tour company. And this is how your trip will be full of beautiful landscapes, but also with information on geography, people and culture, weather and climate, history and ancient government of this World Heritage in Peru.
You can also watch historical documentaries or buy travel guides. In addition, reading travel books, or literature created by authors coming from this place, helps you learn about the destination you are visiting.
Facts about Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu is open year-round. However, there are rainy seasons and also days when the archaeological site is shrouded in mist.
- Machu Picchu was built on two tectonic faults. According to National Geographic’s post «Discover 10 secrets of Machu Picchu», when an earthquake occurs, the stones in an Inca building are said to “dance”. What it means that they bounce through the tremors and then fall back into place. The Incas were certainly skilled architects, so we can say that is earthquake-proof.
- You can walk up to the ruins and down for free. There is a train that takes you from Cusco to the ruins and it is not cheap at all. However, you can hike on your own or on a guided tour and the climb will take about two hours.
- This archaeological site is located more than 7,000 feet above sea level in the Andes Mountains
- Machu Picchu is a Quechua word that means «Old Mountain».
There you go! These are the most interesting facts about Machu Picchu, so you will want to visit it. And maybe this is the sign you were waiting for to go to Peru.